Tuesday, July 1, 2008

ENN: Government red tape stymies new solar energy development

Leaders in the U.S. solar energy industry blasted the U.S. government on Monday for a freeze on applications for new solar projects on public land in six Western states.

The Bureau of Land Management announced the freeze a month ago, saying it would conduct an extensive study looking at the environmental, social and economic impacts of solar energy development.

During the 22-month study, the agency will not consider any new proposals for solar energy developments on public land in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico or Utah.

Fred Morse, senior advisor for U.S. operations at Abengoa Solar, a Spanish company with a solar plant in development in Arizona, said the moratorium could hurt many companies in the burgeoning U.S. industry.

Read the full article here: http://www.enn.com/energy/article/37536

Text © 2008 Environmental News Network

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who passions to try innovative stuff. Currently I'm constructing my personal solar panels. I'm making it all alone without the aid of my men. I am using the internet as the only way to acheive that. I encountered a very awesome website that explains how to create pv panels and so on. The place explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I'm not sure bout how precise the information given there iz. If some experts over here who have xp with these things can have a look and give your feedback in the thread it would be great and I would really value it, because I really take an interest in [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. U guys rock.